1/11/15

50's Dinner Party



As someone who is frequently nostalgic for a time they weren't even alive in (as far as fashion and music goes), an important staple item for me is at least one lovely evening dress. Fancy, but not too fancy. But always shiny.

I got my hands on two!




 The first is a Modcloth exclusive by Nicolette Mason; a fellow fashion blogger/writer living in NYC. Look her up, check her out, and drool at her success. And also her dresses.




The fit is definitely more for the pear-shaped ladies. I have an hour-glass thing going on and am a bit bigger in the bust area than some more petite sizes allow for. The dress is lovely, the polka dots and inside seam are a black felty-material. It has two linings to give it a natural poof, but I added a petti for kicks. Because, poofy. It has this funky sash that I'm not too sure what to do with, but you can back-tie it too. Improv is the essence of fashion anyways.



I also struck gold with a dress by Geode, another Modcloth exclusive for their holiday line. Another felty-printed cute thing.



Now sadly, I feel this dress runs small rather small in the waist. But I felt regal as hell.  It isn't fun to zip up at all and I needed help getting in and out of it. There's definitely ample bust room though. Hmm maybe I should take up corsetting.


Akin to its 50s/60s forefathers, it has little straps you can slide your bra straps into to pull onto your shoulders. It'll look weird any other way.
Shades: unbranded EBAY


Well guys that's it for now! Have a youtube video being edited right now. Here's to hoping I get invited to some kickass dinner parties soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment